Meet Your Commissioner, Elaine Paul Schaefer
- Elected 4th Ward Commissioner of Radnor Township in November, 2009. Serving four year term commencing 1/4/10.
- Co-founder, president and executive director of the Radnor Conservancy.
- Executive board member of the Radnor Educational Foundation.
- Long time board member of Radnor League of Women Voters (currently off board).
- Leader of Citizens to Preserve Radnor (CPR), an organization dedicated to passing the 2007 open space bond referendum.
- Past president of Ithan Elementary School PTO.
- Past president of Radnor Middle School PTO.
- Active and dedicated member of IES and RMS PTO’s.
- Kindergarten and first grade Sunday School teacher at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Wayne.
- Public Director of the Delaware County Soil Conservation District.
- Forty-six years old, married twenty years to husband John, three children in the public schools: Matty at Ithan Elementary, Isabel and Ellis at Radnor Middle School.
- Law Degree from William and Mary, Bachelor of Arts from Boston College.
- Interests include running, hiking, reading and baseball (as a spectator!).
For even more detail, Elaine's resume is below:
ELAINE PAUL SCHAEFER
817 Hunt Road
Newtown Square, PA 19073
(610) 355-0611 (H) (610) 322-0618 (C) email@example.com
Co-founder, past President, Vice President and Executive Director - 2002 to 2008.
RADNOR EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
Executive Board Member, Community Outreach Committee and Board Member – 2005 to present.
RADNOR LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS
Board Member, Chair of Environment and Natural Resources Committee - 2001 to 2008.
RADNOR TOWNSHIP SCHOOL DISTRICT
President of Ithan Elementary School PTO - 2002 to 2003.
President of Radnor Middle School PTO - 2007 to 2008.
Very active in IES and RMS PTO’s.
DELAWARE COUNTY SOIL CONSERVATION DISTRICT BOARD
Public Director - Term expires December 31, 2011.
ST. MARY’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH
Kindergarten and First Grade Sunday School teacher - From 2001 to 2009.
JUVENILE LAW CENTER Philadelphia, PA
Volunteer attorney. Updated manuals on child advocacy and adoption issues. 1999 to 2002.
HANGLEY CONNOLLY EPSTEIN CHICCO FOXMAN AND EWING Philadelphia, PA
Associate from October 1993 to February 1995, Contract basis from 1995 to 1997.
FEDERAL JUDICIAL CLERKSHIP Reading, PA
Clerk to the Honorable Daniel H. Huyett, 3rd, US Dist.Ct., Eastern District, PA. 1992 to 1993.
PEPPER, HAMILTON & SCHEETZ Philadelphia, PA
PAUL, WEISS, RIFKIND, WHARTON & GARRISON New York, NY
Summer Associate. Summer 1991 and 1992, respectively.
LAUTENBERG FOR SENATE Washington, DC
Assistant to Research Director. Compiled research and prepared issue reports for the Candidate. 1988.
Tracked campaign financing for candidate and opponent.
COLLEGE OF WILLIAM AND MARY Williamsburg, VA
Marshall Wythe School of Law, J.D., May 1992. Class Rank: 3 out of 176.
William and Mary Law Review; Moot Court Bar. Third year at New York University.
BOSTON COLLEGE Chestnut Hill, MA
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, May 1987. Junior Year Abroad in Paris.